Are you a first time home buyer or is this your first time purchasing a new home? If so, you might be asking yourself what to expect before and after you receive the keys to your new house. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our list of what to expect.
- Walkthrough – A few days before you take occupancy, we’ll do a walkthrough with you and your Realtor. This is to ensure that everything meets your expectations. It is important to us that you are 100% satisfied with your new home, so if you happen to spot any minor imperfections, we’ll work to fix them ahead of your move in date.
- Manuals – We will make sure that we hand over the manuals for all the systems and appliances so that you can keep everything working just as it was on move in day.
- Information Sheets – We will provide you with design information sheets for both the interior and exterior of your new detached home, condo or townhome.
- Training Day – We will make sure to show you all the different systems in the house, such as the heat pump or radiant in-floor heat system, HRV and boilers.
- Home Warranty – We will ask you to sign your new home warranty documents so that your warranty is activated. Once signed, we will mail you a copy for your records.
- Key Handoff – Your Realtor will hand over the keys to your new home on possession date. We hope you enjoy your new home!
- Maintenance – We will go over a list of things to keep your eye on during the first few weeks in your newly constructed home.
Lastly, we are always here as a resource to you during this exciting time. Customer service is equally as important to us as is providing quality construction services, so please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions throughout the home building process.