Bathroom Design 101
If you're in the middle of a bathroom renovation or are looking to build a new custom home, there are a few things you'll need to know. In this blog post we touch on the difference between a fiberglass and tile shower, and tell you all you need to know about the latest in bathroom design trends.
Benefits to a Fiberglass Shower
- It's economical - The cost of a fiberglass shower is approximately 1/10 of the cost of a tile shower.
- Easy cleaning - You'll sweat less while cleaning a fiberglass shower since you don't have to worry about all that grout.
- Include waterproofing - Fiberglass showers come equiped with waterproofing out of the box, unlike tiled showers.
- Variety - There are many different styles to choose from to suite your design and price point.
Benefits to a Tile Shower
- Customization - A tile shower is the way to go if you want to get creative with your design, .
- Multiple shower heads - Feel free to add several shower heads and/or wands on the wall unlike a fiberglass shower.
- Adjust layout - A tile shower allows you to adjust the locations of your valve and shower head.
- Add shelving - You'll never have to worry about having too many shower products again since you can easily add glass shelving in a tile shower.
- Modern design - You'll love the modern design and clean lines that a tile shower offers.
Bathroom Design Trends
- Heavy colour contrast are totally in right now. Think light paint and dark tile (or vise versa), lighter tiles with dark grouts, or light flooring with dark cabinets (or vise versa).
- European style freestanding tubs with standing showers in the same tiled enclosed area are very hot right now. This new style features a glass wall seperating the shower from the vanity and toilet area. See our picture up top for an example.
- Fancy bathtub accent lighting is in style at the moment. What's not to love about a little mood lighting while you're having a soak?
- Steam and rain shower heads are still a hot design trend and we're definitely not complaining.
- Placing the valve close to the entry of the shower is totally in right now. This hot new trend is extremely practical as it allows you to turn on the water without getting wet and cold in the proccess.
- Glass panel shower walls with no doors for custom tile showers are on trend.
- Tile isn't just limited to showers as tile baseboard trims are becoming a new hot thing.
- Design trends aren't limited to just the showers. Floating vanities with under cabinet lighting and vanieties with open cabinetry below are very 2019!
- Tile shower customization truly has no limits. Fancy shower base tiles are in and inlay strips are out.